Our commitment to equality, diversity and the environment in Recruitment
As a growing company, McBarron Wood has a corporate and social responsibility to our local community and the environment as a whole. We recognise that we have a carbon footprint and are currently exercising every effort to reduce this as much as possible.
McBarron Wood are becoming more and more of a paperless office as new and innovative technology is implemented into our business model.
McBarron Wood are committed to “Our Chosen Charities” and hope to be able to support them more and more over the forthcoming years.
OUR EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY STATEMENT
McBarron Wood is fully committed to providing the highest quality finance and accountancy talent to our clients and providing a working environment where all staff are employed, respected and treated in a consistent and non-discriminatory manner. Our approach is applied irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or faith, political belief and social status.
This policy will be underpinned by ensuring that all of our procedures, the way in which we attract the best talent, the way we account manage our customers and the respect which we show one another in the offices of McBarron Wood are monitored regularly and all or any breaches of our policy are treated immediately and taken seriously.
Our policy is underlined and owned by our Equality Committee – consisting of Lance Pollonais – Director of Infrastructure, Derek Ludlow Managing Director and Rebecca Young Company Secretary. It is this Committee’s responsibility for Equality and Diversity at the McBarron Wood offices.
The committee is held responsible for driving the implementation of our Equality Strategy, though it is not intended that responsibility rests solely with this committee. McBarron Wood believes that Equality and Diversity is the responsibility of every member of the McBarron Wood team.
We believe at McBarron Wood that our Equality and Diversity Statement is the overall driver to McBarron Woods future success. Our strategy has come from the overall McBarron Wood behavioural framework and is the practical and efficient implementation of these policies and actions to fully promote equal opportunity in our business. We would like to add that our statement is not purely about our staff – but covers the whole framework of clients to candidates, staff to visitors and beyond.
OUR ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
McBarron Wood Limited is committed to leading the recruitment industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
McBarron Wood is a paperless office – weinterview candidates using video conferencing, video email rather than getting our candidates to drive into our offices – therefore increasing our carbon footprint.
The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of our fleet and the source of its power requirement.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst our customers and suppliers.
- Source and promote a product and services range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
- Use an accredited programme to offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated by our activities.
- As a company we are committed to constantly review and implement working procedures to:
- Conserve raw materials.
- Reduce pollution.
- Save energy.
- As a company we ensure where possible:
- Bought-in paper is of a recycled content.
- We operate recycling of all paper waste.
- We operate recycling of all card, cans and plastic waste.
- Our office cleaners use green cleaning products.
- All printers and computer settings are pre-set to black print as default.
- All screens are switched off at night.
- All lights are switched off at night.
All ink cartridges are recycled.
Instruct a Search